Sunday, October 2, 2011

Adventures in mockery

Long time no food blog!!

It wasn't until tonight when I made this massive comment on facebook about this quesedilla that I said "dammit, that was like, a blog post."

Sooo my favorite local Birmingham food truck the SpoonFed Grill took their apple cranberry quesedilla off of their menu some time ago and I find myself thinking about it and its tangy goat cheese deliciousness quite often. I'm sure they'd probably whip me one up if I asked real nice but I was also sure I could make one for myself.

So I did.

This hit my craving upon it's head and drug it into a shallow grave. I'm sure my ol craving will zombify itself and I will make more because this was delicious and easy as hell.

I didn't know exactly how they make this but I knew what it was constructed of.

Chicken
Apples
Cranberries
Jack cheese
Goat cheese
Onions

Yay. Seemed easy enough.

I omitted the onions. I hate onions.

Wait, come to think of it this may not have onions on it for reals. I dunno.. whatevs.

So I pretty much just threw some chicken in a skillet with some olive oil. When it was half way cooked I added some apples and craisins and a sprinkle of cinnamon (I know there's some cinnamon in theirs). I cooked that until the chicken was done, apples soft and craisins plump.

Then I piled some jack cheese onto a tomato wrap, added my chicken mix and a generous amout of goat cheese (mmmmm goat cheese). Fold and cook until everythings all melty on the inside crispy on the outside.

Serve with sour cream.

Nom.

This took no time to cook up and I'm pretty sure the truck probably cooks their apples separate I dunno, I'm pretty lazy I like my shortcut ways lol.





No comments:

Post a Comment