Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fruit Salsa

This is one of my favorite things to bring to any family or friend function. I've even made it for my girlfriends on our weekly TV watching night! It's so quick and easy to make and a very healthy alternative to some of your other party foods.

I came up with this idea a couple of years ago for one of our football parties. I wanted to bring something sweet but healthy. The thought of fruit salsa just sprung into my head. I wandered through the grocery store and picked out a bunch of fruit I thought would go well together.

Fuji apples
Kiwi
Strawberry
Mango
Lemon juice

Oh yea.

I just chopped everything with my Pampered Chef hand chopper and threw it into a bowl.
That's it.
No extra sugar.
Nothing.

I used to be all fancy and make my own cinnamon chips to eat with it. Plain flour tortillas cut into about inch wide strips, sprayed a little Pam on them to make the cinnamon sugar stick and baked on a cookie sheet at 350 until golden. You have to watch them carefully though!  I've since become lazy and I now grab a couple of bags of Stacy's Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips.

People rave about how awesome this is ans it's so amazingly easy! Make a batch for your next gathering! People will rave about your skills too ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment