Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fried Green Tomatoes: More than just a movie...


I always crave fried green tomatoes when they're not in season. Like my stomach has a timer that must receive fried green tomatoes once every six months or something. I was very surprised to see the freshest looking green tomatoes in the produce department of my local grocery store in the middle of January!

Oh yes, I took them babies home, coated them in buttermilk, flour and cormeal.. then fried them up! In a cast iron skillet of course.

This was actually my first attempt at fried green 'maters and I was pleased! They were simple and tasty just like I've always eaten them. I don't need no coating mix or whatev pssssssh!

Next time I make them, I'll put them in a BLT. BOOM your mind has just been blown!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment