Monday, February 21, 2011

Homemade Lasagna Attempt: SUCCESS!


I've had a day off work so I've sat around and watched Food Network all day.. this gave me an itch to cook something yummy!

I remembered a post my friend Shanna made in her blog with a recipe for a pizza lasagna that her husband and her son love! I also remembered that I wanted to give that a try when I saw the post months ago..

I am VERY pleased with how this turned out! I did make a few tweaks to call it my own, I made the tomato sauce from scratch with just an onion, and three cloves of garlic chopped in my little chopper.. I also added some Lipton Savory Herb & Garlic mix to the ricotta cheese, I had another pouch leftover from a pizza dip that I made. I thought that would give it more pizza taste since I used such a simple sauce..

I plan to make more lasagnas in the future now that I know that I can make a delicious one! I love vegetable lasagna and would like to give that a whirl..

MMMMMM I'm going to be eating good for a couple of days with these leftovers!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment